List Student Guide Program
If you like to work with people, want to learn more about contemporary art, and would like an on-campus job consider joining MIT List Visual Art Center Student Guide Program. Student Guides are able to learn about the artists, artwork, and issues surrounding public art and contemporary exhibitions first-hand, while helping others make connections, discover, and understand the visual world around them. The program is open to all students regardless of their major or experience in the arts.
- Open to undergraduate (sophomore, junior and seniors) and graduate MIT students
- No art history, fine arts, or museum experience is necessary, but enthusiasm about contemporary visual arts is required
- Comfort with public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional, welcoming, and engaging demeanor
- Participate in training program, both inaugural training, and on-going exhibition related training
Student Guides are paid for training, tour preparation, and leading tours. At this time, Student Guide positions are open to current MIT students only.